Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Africa

On the plane from Washington DC to Zurich I wrote this : "It's actually happening. I'm going home. I'm going back to Africa. I'm going to get to hold orphans, teach VBS, and be filled with joy. I'm not trying to have any expectations. I just want to go, love, change, and be changed. I have no idea what experiences I'll have or how God will use me or others. But instead of getting paranoid about the unknown, I can trust God. I really don't know why God has me on this trip, but He definitely made it clear that I need to be here.I mean a free trip to Africa, really God? How? So here i sit , in a plane about to land in Zurich, Switzerland and I just have to stand in amazement (well actually sit in an uncomfortable airplane chair) I think it could all hit me that I'm on my way to kenya, but definitely not yet. I'm so beyond blessed to go to Africa! Again! I'm also extremely blessed to soon be eating Swiss chocolate in the Zurich airport :) "

We got to the orphanage after some crazy African driving and found 23 beautiful orphans just waiting to love us.

This is Vivian. She is ten years old. Her shining  personality could light up the darkest place. She sings beautifully, and is just a vibrant, loving, beautiful girl.

This is Margaret. She is a really funny girl. She does this think with her eyebrows by moving them up and down quickly, I tried to copy it, but I could never be as coordinated or fast as her.
This is Emily. A true worshiper. The sweetest girl. A beautiful child of God.

This is Margaret. She is normally the lead singer at the orphanage and has such a huge heart. I loved hearing her worship. She often said "God bless you", it made my heart happy everytime she said that.

This is Dennis. A little bundle of joy. He is so smart and knew so many answers to Bible questions. I will not be surprised if he becomes a pastor someday.


This is lovely Alice. A sweetheart who loves Jesus. I love this girl. She is a beautiful child of God.

This is John, my precious John. I love him so much and I wish he was my little brother. I miss him.







This is Sarah! A very tall and even more beautiful woman of God! I bonded with her a lot. I remember weeping into eachothers shoulders the day we said goodbye.

Oh, please pray for Lucy. I don't have a good picture of her, but she has HIV. She is a beautiful, fun girl who loves Jesus. Please pray she gets healed.

These were only a few of the kids I met and they all have sad stories, but their faith is amazing. Watching them pray was incredible. I wish I could go back, but since I can't, I get to pray for them. These kids are getting evicted from their 2 bedroom home soon. The people who went with me and I are trying to help raise enough money to build them a home. It may seem impossible, but "I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13. And I believe with God we can raise the money needed. If you prayerfully or financially want to support these kids and this orphanage, talk to me. If you want to hear stories about these kids pasts and how they live for God despite it, talk to me. Kenya changed my life and I can really talk for days about it. Please remember these faces, I certainly will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment