Monday, May 16, 2011

Why Do I Go?

"WHY?" I ask myself. "why do I drag myself out of bed, go to work, go to school, take a Saturday class, take a night class, miss out on possible fun, sleep, and chilling? Why am I an overachiever? Why do I care so much about grades, teachers, classmates, school? I'm not extremely smart, or one of thsoe kids who just loves school, then why do I go?"

I'm trying to firgure this out. Yes, I go in part to please my parents. They have done and do so much for me that the least I could do is be successful in what I can.

And, I realize I go to work and school to further my dreams, to advance my skills, to get where I think I need to be. My classes get me work, my work gets me money, and my money gets me stuff, but I think that's not enough motivation for me to go to work and school, there must be another reason.

Maybe it's because I feel fulfilled when I get that A(or semi-fulfilled when I get a B lol). Maybe it's because at my job I just get to comfort and support children every day. Maybe I enjoy learning. Maybe not. Maybe it's cultural expectations. But, you know, even though I hate waking up early, riding on a bus, doing massive amounts of studying, I think I like school and work. I like things where I can learn to excel, fail, and that test and strengthens me. The character both school and work instills in me is really important. Perserverence, dilligence to get what you want, and communication, I have learned primarily from work and school.

So, although I am a normal teenager in the sense I would rather be chilling, sleeping, and being crazy with friends, rather than go to school and work. I realize it is vital for me to fill my time with these two necessary things. Besides, who knows how much trouble I would get into if I didn't have work and school to occupy my time? haha

1 comment:

  1. And you're a giver. You get more joy out of giving than receiving. God has made you into a marvelous woman and don't you go changing.

    ReplyDelete