Monday, March 21, 2011

I just wanna go back

I know I would feel this way after going to Mexico for a week, but I didn't know I'd want to go back this bad. Last week I had SO MUCH fun and made SO MANY new friends, it's weird to just live as an individual and not in a group anymore.

I thrive in camp-like settings. I love having people around me, having my time scheduled for me, and doing productive stuff with strangers. I miss waking up in a cold sleeping bag, I miss hugging so many people every day, I miss laughing so much.

Don't get me wrong, I love my life in Chico. I have a great life, but I really miss the feeling of community I felt on the Mexico trip. Ahhh, friends, I miss you!!!

Completely unrelated quote: ""Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." Victor Hugo

2 comments:

  1. Are u not pumped that it doesn't have to end? That is what I love about the church. What u experienced @ camp should be happening within the church body. What do u say, let's keep up the camp fever @ Impact? It can start with u my friend. Let's invite all those Mexico peeps to join us this Thursday. See u there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Kenny, It really hasn't ended. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete